Thursday, March 11, 2010

Moving your Body with Raw Intuitive Wisdom

Moving your Body with Raw Intuitive Wisdom
Sensual Movement
Tuesday's & Thursday's
7:30-8:45pm


When I was about 21 yrs old, my best friend and I decided that we wanted to be the hottest gals on the dance floor so we signed up for the local hip hop classes held by the city parks & rec. Not too soon after the first song began we found ourselves in absolute joy and laughter. Mostly because we were having fun, but also because we kept tripping over each other causing havoc on the other very focused fly girls and boys. Needless to say, we thought it was funny, but the very serious hip hoppers did not.

The teacher gave me a personal visit in the middle of the second song with a not so discreet, unsolicited suggestion that I wear not one, but two sports bras to class in the future. Of course, not taking ourselves too seriously, this was cause for more giggles as I allowed my young perky 36 c's to bounce freely (I actually did have a bra on) In all honesty, it was very funny, but there WAS that place inside of me that shut a little door to my free flowing, dancing self.

We continued to attend class as we were determined to keep up with the brothers in the night clubs. Somewhere into the middle of the session, it was announced that in the following class, Michael Jackson's scouts were coming to class to hopefully pick one of the egotistical, judgmental teacher's favorites for his up and coming new music video. (I say it was for Thriller, Jackie swears it was later than that and insists I stop aging her) Of course we were excited to be in front of a scout, both knowing that we would never be picked. I mean really! we barely got the left and right down, let alone the jump and knee land (or whatever the boobie police called it). At the end of class she approached Jackie and I and recommended that we both be sick the following week. So ok, she wasn't as into our vision of being the hottest on the disco dance floor as we were, we got that, but really? I never attended another dance class again due to another place in my inner dancing deva being sabotaged by her cruel words.

Years later I met and dated this guy that would inevitably embarrass me on the dance floor. He danced so wild and smiled the whole time. He didn't care what others thought and sometimes even smiled off those that pushed him out of their way. When I would refuse to dance with him, it deflated him, understandably. With much conversation and the yogic root opening practices I was so faithfully indulging in, we came to the conclusion that I was shut down in the root and that my dancing was stiff, calculated and pathetic. From that day forward, I did not get taken on dates, he took me on dancing assignments. He would "make" me dance all by myself with my eyes closed in an empty club (we purposefully went to the clubs on the slowest nights for me to exercise the new found energy at the base of my body) Week after week, I found myself much more relaxed and the idea that someone was watching and judging my bouncing boobies soon fell away.

My process of finding the energy in my body never stops. I am constantly finding new ways to experience this overwhelming, inner expression of who I really am. My most recent loves have been burlesque, strip tease and pole dancing. (I haven't made a dime, so get back to my story now!) What I have found through these amazing movements is that there is a whole other side to who I am that exists within my being. In the past I have understood her as my dark side in relating. Not necessarily bad, just not the sweetness and honey that one might think. In the movement of Raw Intuitive Expression, it is more about that inner vixen. The one who today may be sweet and tomorrow may take control. It is about her inner self doing just for her, not for any man, not for any boobie police, simply moving and expressing HER for who she is in THAT moment. She might feel shy tonight or she might want all the attention. She might even need to shed a tear or dance out the days frustration or the memory in her body of a pain leftover from a lover. Whoever she is and however she decides to show up is exactly how and when she is supposed to arrive!

I am very enthusiastic to hold a space for yet another way to open up your body heart and mind in a true raw expression of your most authentic self allowing her to arrive any way she desires!

LADIES, this one is ONLY for you!
Come and enjoy a safe nurturing environment where the lights are low and red, where the velvet and feathers surround you and where your inner vixen shows her true authentic self.

Sensual Movement~Raw Intuitive Wisdom
Tuesday's & Thursday's
7:30-8:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment