Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The process of bringing the vision life

If someone would have told me 15 years ago it was going to take 15 years to get where I am today, I would have gone ahead with the plan of offing myself. Instead, I took the place of pathetic child with no self esteem and some unknown lack of desire to get out of bed each morning. Well, here I am 15 years later and making a difference but not really in the way I thought possible.

Along the way, I became a yoga teacher, because spirit gave me no choice. I hit the earth in a downward spiral to be picked up and literally shown a sign to yoga. Literally! A sign on a building that said "YOGA". So I figured what did I have to lose. Life pretty much sucked as it was, yoga couldn't be any worse. So I did it. I took the class and remembered thinking in the first 5 minutes how annoyed I was that I wore the wrong outfit. By pose 3, I was in tears and that didn't end until I was lying in svasana thinking to myself, WOW! and this is good for you?

Next thing I know I am teaching a final exam to become a teacher and I don't remember a single thing that came out of my mouth. Spirit guided that class that night as I just allowed as a good vessel does. I was unaware at the moment, but when class ended, I didn't really know what had happened, or at least how to explain what had happened.
Being an entrepreneur, it was nearly impossible for me to do anything without creating a business around it. Back then yoga wasn't quite the business it is today and it took a lot of focus to make it happen. And there it was the start of Nature's Whisper Yoga.

NWSY has a deep focus and commitment to the empowerment of all beings through the teachings of authenticity and using all of life's lessons & pleasures for spiritual growth. Today Nature's Whisper Yoga has taken on the form of a school. Nature's Whisper School of Yoga consists of 3 levels of learning:
~the inspired practitioner: offering group classes, workshops & retreats.

~the serious student: offering Yogic Life Coaching, Life Trainings, 200 hour yoga teacher Trainings & Business of Yoga Mentoring.
~the professional teacher: offering additional trainings to accomplish 500 hour credentials & Mentoring Teacher Certification.


NWSY has focus on the empowerment of women and children & believes that world peace begins in the womb. In order to make this belief a reality, NWSY founded Sassy Seva Sisters, the philanthropic division of the school. SSS is currently awaiting its non-profit status and supports womens shelters, homeless schools, homeless in San Diego and local families in need.

Jolie is an advocate for natural birth, attachment parenting and co-sleeping as tools for empowering our youth. From this advocacy, Hot Mama Yoga, Buddha Baby Yoga, Vinyasa Mama Yoga, Mommie Time Yoga with Kids Space and Rug Rat Yoga were born as important programs in the curriculum at Nature's Whisper Studio in University Heights, San Diego. All forms of introducing and sharing Yoga with children whether in the belly or in arms. NWSY is the first Yoga Studio in San Diego to offer a space for children to indulge in yogic play while their mom (or dad) practices yoga in the next room.

Jolie's mission, which has been adopted by NWSY, is to hold the space and facilitate the opening of the body, heart and mind so as one, we may move forward in life without obstruction and become a filter for others to see the light of spirituality.

It has been through vision and passion that this has all come to life. The vision continues to grow and shape shift to accommodate the needs and desires of the community. I invite you to join our growing community.

Namaste,
Jolie Cash
founder Nature's Whisper and Hot Mama Yoga
director Nature's Whisper School of Yoga
President Sassy Seva Sisters







1 comment:

  1. Authentically loving every word and wait till the hormones shift "baby girl" as my spiritual twin...Michael Franti would say..."if only they saw inside dreaded black man they might not call me mamm.."..my song lyrics.My "Seva Deva" song is non profit aligned 22 years of supporting alot of kids and moms and some men too...peace!! www.YogicEmpoweredSolutions.com

    ReplyDelete